The University of Oviedo students who successfully complete this Master's course will be highly qualified professionals in the field of electrical energy and new transportation systems, and specialized in the study of power systems applied to renewable energies and hybrid and electrical transportation systems.
In order to meet this goal, this Erasmus Mundus master's programme has been designed in order to provide an advanced training and an integrated knowledge that will allow students to work in industrial or research activities in the energy sector. The curriculum is aimed at addressing the main challenges of the electrical energy sector and focuses strongly on innovation, sustainability and energy efficiency issues.
In order to offer a more specific and specialized training, this course offers two possible study tracks:
- Renewable Energies and Power Systems
- Sustainable Transportation
Thanks to this two study tracks and a holistic approach, the issues addressed in this course focus on the main aspects of electrical energy management and the new transport systems, such as:
With all this, the goal of this programme is to provide students who complete this Erasmus Mundus Master's Degree in Sustainable Transportation & Electrical Power Systems with specialized, updated and international training that allows them to develop a professional career in this field or to take up research.
- The management of generation technologies, particularly renewable energy sources.
- Grid connection interfaces including electronic power converters.
- Transport and distribution systems, including smart grids and micro grid concept.
- Impact of electrical transportation systems (EV/HEV) on the electrical network.Power electronics applications for EV/HEV.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanical Background
- Electrical Machines
- Control of Electromechanical Systems
- Power Systems Basics
- Power Electronics Devices and Circuits
- Dynamic Analysis of AC Machines
- Dynamic Control of AC Machines
- Digital Control and Microcontrollers
- AC Drives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 11 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to access this Master, you must be in possession of the title of Engineer or Technical Engineer (a degree of at least 3 years or 180 ECTS credits, or similar according to the country's regulations and European regulations).
- All candidates must be able to certify a level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: IELTS (a minimum score of 6.0 with at least 5.5 points in each section); TOEFL (on paper) with at least 550 points and 4 points in the written section; TOEFL (Internet) with 79 points and at least 17 points in each section. Those candidates from English-speaking countries must provide an official letter from their University stating that English is the language of instruction at the institution.
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2250 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oviedo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.