The Data Engineering program from Jacobs University Bremen combines big data aspects of “Data Analytics” as well as of “Data Science” with the technological challenges of data acquisition, curation, and management.
Thus, the program provides the essentials for paving the way to a successful career: computer skills and mathematical understanding paired with practical experience in selected application fields. The Data Engineering program attracts students with diverse career goals, backgrounds, and prior work experience.
Therefore, the program offers four focus tracks within which the students can choose to specialize further: Computer Science, Geo-Informatics, Bio-Informatics, and Business & Supply Chain Engineering. These tracks are a preparation for the Advanced Projects within the Discovery Area and the Master Thesis.
Demand for Data Engineers is massive. Typical fields of work encompass the finance sector, the automotive and health industry as well as retail and telecommunications. Companies and institutions in almost every domain need:
- Experts for data acquisition who find out how to collect the data needed;
- Experts for data management who know how to store, enhance, protect and process large amounts of data efficiently;
- Experts for data analysis who evaluate and interpret the collected data correctly and are able to visualize the findings clearly.
- Graduates of the program work as data analysts, data managers, data architects, business consultants, software and web developers, or system administrators;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Acquisition Technologies and Sensor Networks
- The Big Data Challenge
- Data Visualization and Image Processing
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Data Engineering Advanced Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 60 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter Of Motivation
- Curriculum Vitae Cv
- Two Letters Of Recommendation
- Bachelor Transcript In English Or German
- Bachelor Degree Certificate In English Or German
- English Language Proficiency Test
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bremen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Education is a substantial investment in your future, at Jacobs we strive to make it an affordable reality for students from across the world. Therefore, we offer students personalized financing offers to help cover their tuition fees. They consist of one or more types of financial support in the form of scholarships and tuition deferrals. You only start repaying the deferred tuition fees once you successfully entered the job market. That way you can focus completely on your studies. We are convinced that a Jacobs’ education will form the perfect foundation for your future career – that is why we are happy to invest in you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.