Emergency and intensive care nurses must be prepared to deal with life-threatening problems and complex situations in extreme environments, reasons why they should be endowed with specific knowledge, skills and attributes to provide care to critically ill or unstable patients and their families. Emergency nurses must be able to prioritise patient care and to provide accurate assessment and effective ongoing management for a diversity of patient populations in situations ranging from life-saving interventions to managing critical situations.
The Erasmus Mundus Master's Degree in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing programme at The University of Oviedo combines theoretical teaching, research methodology and activities, communication & management of critical scenarios and advanced evidence-based practice, using state of the art clinical technologies.
The Master's main objective is to provide a structured and methodologically sound training programme that will cover the shortage of specially trained staff that burdens our health systems' intensive and acute care services. The Erasmus Mundus Master Course in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing (EMECC NURSING) from The University of Oviedo course structure balances theoretical education on evidence based nursing, comprehensive clinical practice and a solid scientific instruction through a 90 ECTS (one and a half year) Postgraduate course leading to an international joint degree and diploma supplement recognized by all four institutions.
Students who complete this Master's Degree will have obtained the necessary capabilities to work as a specialized nurse in Adult/Geriatric Emergency and Critical Care, or Paediatrics Emergency and Critical Care Units, depending on the chosen specialization (Adult/Geriatric or Paediatrics), in any of the countries of the consortium.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology
- Advanced Clinical Nursing
- Nursing Management
- Communication and relationships in nursing
- Paediatric Advanced Clinical Nursing
- Adult and Geriatrics Advanced Clinical Nursing
- Evidence-based Clinical Practice: Emergency Care
- Evidence-based Clinical Practice: Critical Care
- Clinical Practice: Adult
- Clinical Practice: Paediatrics
- Clinical Practice: Geriatrics
- Crisis Resource Management (CRM)
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be in possession of an official university degree issued by a University or higher education institution that offers the possibility to work as a nurse and to access official master's degrees in the issuing country
- Have a certified high level of English. Candidates must justify a level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. It can be certified by IELTS certificate (at least 6.0 and a minimum of 5.0 points in each section), TOEFL (paper support with at least 550 points and 4.0 points in the writing section) or TOEFL (IBT with at least 79 points and 17 points in each section). Students from agreed English-speaking countries will be exempt from English language requirements.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
The EMJMD NURSING Consortium decided to set the tuition fees at a level in the average of similar Master courses, €10,000 for Category A students and €5,000 for Category B students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.