The Molecular and Cellular Biology program from Johns Hopkins University enables students to build on their previous academic and research experience to earn a master’s degree in one academic year.
The program components consist of mentoring from Johns Hopkins faculty, coursework including a specialized seminar, leadership and teaching experience as a laboratory teaching assistant, and an intensive independent research project culminating in a written thesis and oral presentation.
The combined master’s degree is only open to undergraduate students who will graduate from Johns Hopkins with a degree in biology or molecular and cellular biology.
- Freshman Seminar: Tuberculosis
- General Biology
- Current Events in Biology
- Molecular Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 496 other Masters in Genetics in United States
Admission to the Molecular and Cellular Biology Master’s Program is selective, but not competitive.
Admission decisions are made by the Program Committee, on the basis of:
- The student’s academic record
- A written proposal for a research project to be completed under the supervision of the research advisor
- Three letters of support and recommendation
- The Committee reserves the right to require interviews for individual students in order to clarify issues raised by their written application materials
- A Hopkins biology or molecular and cellular biology major
- A junior or senior who plans to complete the program immediately following graduation or concurrently with their final undergraduate year
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.2 and minimum natural science GPA of 3.0
International60480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60480 USD per year during 12 months.
National60480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60480 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.