The Adult Learning and Global Change program at the University of British Columbia is designed for individuals who wish to understand adult learning in the context of global change, and thereby improve their professional practice.
The courses in this program will benefit those working with adults in formal and informal educational settings, including human resource development in business, industry and government, and activist organisations, international and/or community development, non-governmental organisations, healthcare, cultural, and professional organisations, to name a few.
The program attracts those interested in international development work, cross-cultural education and training, the role of education in addressing various global health and environmental issues, promoting social justice in the face of economic globalization, and learning more about adult education around the world.
- Locating Oneself in Global Learning
- Adult Learning: Contexts and Perspectives
- Work and Learning
- Fostering Learning in Practice
- Global/Local Learning
- Understanding Research
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation International Development Adult Education View 4 other Masters in International Development in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Course-based programs may assign academic advisors to cohorts of students, but usually do not require applicants to reach out to individual professors / faculty members to seek commitment as their supervisor. Please do not contact faculty members if you are applying to this program.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International12783 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12783 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8579 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8579 CAD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.