Built on the three curriculum components of core courses, an in-depth statistical analysis project, and elective coursework, our program offers students the option to focus their graduate education in one of two areas: techniques of applied statistical analysis or data science, which includes high performance computing, databases and scripting.
Equipped with the essential and foundational understanding of statistical processes, our students join in a tradition of success, working in global industries in diverse fields ranging from finance to survey analysis to biomedical research.
The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Applied Statistics, offered by Cornell University, is for those who are interested in professional careers in business, industry, government or scientific research. Our MPS program provides rigorous training in modern data analytical skills that are sought after in almost any field. Currently, Cornell is the only Ivy League University that provides such a program. This program is recognized as a Professional Science Master's (PSM) program, approved by the Council of Graduate Schools.
- The Cornell University Applied Statistics Master of Professional Studies program is designed to provide its students with high levels of technical training in data science and statistics that are used in nearly all facets of industry.
- Due to its mathematical rigor, graduates of this master’s level program are exceptionally qualified for most any quantitative or data-driven position.
- Such positions can include, but are not limited to: industrial engineer, mathematician, operations research analyst, quantitative analyst, data scientist, research scientist, or statistician.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Probability Models and Inference
- Linear Models with Matrices
- Introduction to Survival Analysis
- Tutorial in Actuarial Statistics
- Statistical Principles
- Applied Statistical Computation with SAS
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics View 407 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Take required tests: Most fields require applicants to submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores.
- Request recommendations: References are a required part of the Graduate School application. Students must submit the names and contact information for their references directly on the application.
- Write a statement of purpose
- Prepare transcripts: All applicants must have received—or be on track to receive prior to matriculation as a graduate student—a baccalaureate degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
- International degree equivalencies
- English language proficiency
International39466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39466 USD per year during 12 months.
National39466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39466 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.