The MGEL makes this possible through a distinctive curriculum taught by Ohio State faculty that includes engineering, business, and public policy.
The Global Engineering Leadership program from The Ohio State University is designed to provide maximum flexibility for busy, working, professional engineers. It is delivered completely online and students choose their pace in the program completing the MGEL degree in 12 - 28 months, or longer if desired.
The MGEL curriculum includes core leadership courses designed specifically for engineers to teach them real-world management skills and how to apply them within their industry. The core courses include: financial and managerial accounting for engineers, leadership and team effectiveness, technology strategy and innovation management, project management, management in public agencies, and a course about the business-government relationship.
Previously, engineers who wanted this type of education had to pursue a graduate management degree separate from a traditional research master's degree. But now, the MGEL makes this possible in one degree through a partnership with The Fisher College of Business and the John Glenn College of Public Affairs.
Strong technical focus
A strong technical focus is delivered through the choice of a specialization track and a multi-term project to bring the technology and professional skills together. These technical tracks are built on the strengths of the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University.
Current technical track specializations available:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Welding Engineering
Or students can design a customized track!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial and Managerial Accounting for Engineers
- Technology Strategy and Innovation Management
- Engineering Ethics and Professionalism
- Project Management for Engineers
- The Business-Government Relationship
- Leadership and Team Effectiveness
- Management in Public Agencies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 176 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International1067 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1067 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1067 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1067 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.