The Kinesiology program from The Ohio State University is designed to enhance and broaden your knowledge and clinical skills the field of Health and Exercise Science.
Potential applications of this knowledge include:
- education designed to enhance physical activity and health behavior, with instruction being conducted in hospitals, fitness and wellness centers, clinics, community health agencies, and various work sites;
- the appropriate use of physical activity in the prevention and treatment of chronic disease; and
- the improvement of sport and exercise performance for recreational and elite athletes.
Professional exercise physiologist educate clients, patients, athletes and others on how best to employ physical activity and exercise programs to improve health, wellbeing and/or performance in sports and exercise. Exercise science graduates with a master's degree have opportunities for employment in cardiac rehabilitation, adult fitness, geriatric settings, corporate fitness, military fitness, research, sales, and management in corporate fields such as sports nutrition, athletic footwear, fitness equipment, sports clothing, and weight control programs. Some graduates choose to continue their formal education and pursue a PhD degree.
- Adapted Physical Activity
- Sport Law
- Changing Physical Activity Behavior
- Sport Philosophy and Ethics
- Educational Statistics
- Educational Measurement
- Beginning Labs in Exercise Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- up to 38 depending on Area of Focus
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences View 189 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International40885 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40885 USD per year during 12 months.
National37318 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37318 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12802 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.