This is an ideal programme for students who wish:
- already work in software or databases and would like to gain a recognised Masters qualification.
- wish to convert to a career in Information and Communication Technology.
- need to update their Information and Communication Technology development skills.
- want to learn about information technology with a specific emphasis on software development and/or database technologies while gaining advanced research skills.
CareersInformation Technology, in general, and software/database design and development, in particular, are one of the success stories in the Irish economy. This Software Engineering and Database Technologies programme at University of Galway will equip you to participate in this vibrant, international industry. Since IT is crucial in every sector, many of our graduates also have used the course for career advancement and progression within their current employment field.
Programme StructureCourses include
- Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
- Software Engineering
- Object Oriented Programming
- Object Oriented Design
- Distributed Systems and the Cloud
- Artificial Intelligence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 9 other Masters in Software Engineering in Ireland
- This course is open to honours degree graduates (Level 8) or Level 7 graduates with 2-3 years of experience and to those otherwise satisfying the postgraduate entry requirements. An IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent international qualification will be required, if applicable.
International5385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5385 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4885 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4885 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.