Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology are the study of plant diseases and the biology of plant-microbe interactions at the molecular to ecosystem levels of organization.
In addition to Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology, Cornell University offers graduate programs that cover the full spectrum of plant sciences.
- Communicate effectively to professional and lay audiences through writing, speaking and graphics.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of core concepts in Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology taught in required courses and knowledge of their specialized area of study as defined by the requirements and expectations of each PPPMB concentration and chosen minor subject areas.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethics and compliance responsibilities.
- Demonstrate teaching competence through TA, seminar, and speaking experiences.
- Conduct publishable research in their field and concentration of study.
- Demonstrate an ability to think critically and apply scientific method to develop testable hypotheses.
Concentrations by Subject
- fungal and oomycete biology
- plant pathology
- plant-microbe biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgriculture Botany Genetics View 495 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL or IELTS Exam for Non-Native English Applicants
- Three recommendations (must be on business letterhead and signed)
- Personal statement
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 12 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.