The Environmental Science graduate program from The Ohio State University is a multi-college endeavor comprised of faculty from many departments within the colleges of:
- Arts and Sciences
- Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- Public Affairs
- Public Health and
- Veterinary Medince
It is important to understand the processes and principles of the environment - embodied in environmental science - to deal with ecological issues, such as environmental degradation and resource depletion. Understanding will come from research on the problems themselves and on the basic science underlying the problems.
The program emphasizes basic research on ecological processes and effects, and applied research and teaching that will contribute to solving the world's pressing environmental problems.
- Ecological Engineering and Ecosystem Restoration
- Energy and Environmental Systems and Policy
- Energy Resources and Use
- Environment and Human Health
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Economics and Planning
- Environmental Education and Communication
- Environmental Policy and Law
- Environmental Toxicology
- Global Change and Biogeochemistry
- Landscape Ecology
- Physiological Ecology
- Soil Ecology
- Urban Ecosystems
- Waste Management
- Water and Wetland Resources
- Environmental Issues in East Asia
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Wetland Ecology Restoration
- Wetland Field Laboratory
- Biology of Soil Ecosystems
- Soil Fertility
- Rehabilitation/Restoration of Ecosystems
- Soil and Environmental Biochemistry
- Successional Dynamics of Forests
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 695 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Ohio State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International43226 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43226 USD per year during 12 months.
National38693 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38693 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12092 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12092 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.