With the Primary Education at the University of Cambridge you will have the opportunity to:
- enhance your educational understanding and practice through critical reflection, study and research;
- critically engage with the best quality national and international educational research that has relevance to primary education;
- carry out individual and collaborative critical enquiry into significant educational issues and practice; and
- develop your thinking in order to contribute to informed policy and practice analysis and improvement in the primary phase and your own work setting.
By the end of the programme, students will have:
- gained a comprehensive understanding of research techniques, including a thorough knowledge of how to find and use international literature applicable to primary/ elementary education;
- demonstrated commitment to the application of research-based and professional knowledge about primary or elementary education, together with a practical understanding of how research and enquiry are used to create further understanding of their field;
- developed capacities for critical evaluation of research findings, techniques and methodologies; and
- demonstrated self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems, and acted autonomously in the planning and implementation of research.
- Critical perspectives on primary education policy and practice
- Creative approaches to the curriculum
- Pedagogy, talk and learning
- The school as a community
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Primary Education View 32 other Masters in Primary Education in United Kingdom
- Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK II.i Honours Degree.
- Two academic references
- Evidence of competence in English
- Reasons for applying (1500 characters)
- Written task
International15647 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15647 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6263 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6263 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.