The program in Geological Sciences at Cornell University has particular strengths in geophysics, geochemistry and petrology, structural geology, sedimentology, marine ecology, and energy resources. However, the exceptional flexibility of Cornell's graduate program provides ample opportunity for students to work across disciplinary areas. For example, arrangements exist for study of marine ecology, water resources, and various branches of applied geological science.
Faculty members in other fields or divisions offer interdisciplinary courses including planetology and extraterrestrial geology, paleobotany, ecology and systematics, biogeochemistry, limnology, soil genesis, soil mineralogy, soil and rock mechanics, remote sensing, environmental fluid mechanics and hydrology, fluid dynamics, elasticity, geotechnical and earthquake engineering, regional planning, hydraulics and hydrology, and materials science and engineering.
- Highly individualized program tailored to each student’s needs, depending on their backgrounds
- Acquisition of core knowledge in one of hydrology, applied geophysics, or ocean science and technology
- Communication skills demonstrated via a written project
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations by Subject
- economic geology
- engineering geology
- environmental geophysics
- general geology
- geochemistry and isotope geology
- marine geology (minor)
- ocean science and technology
- petroleum geology
- planetary geology
- Precambrian geology
- Quaternary geology
- rock mechanics
- structural geology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology View 239 other Masters in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All Graduate School Requirements
- including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- three recommendations
- GRE general test is no longer required
- M.Eng. applicants who are Cornell undergraduates should contact the field office for requirements
International60286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60286 USD per year during 12 months.
National60286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60286 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.