Equivalent in quality to the on-campus MS degree program, the Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership, Distance Learning program from The Ohio State University is not considered a terminal degree (an appropriate program for students who may be interested in doctoral education in the future).
Features of the program include:
- Master of Science in Agricultural and Extension Education (Thesis or Non-Thesis Options). Minimum of 30 semester hours for the thesis option and 35 semester hours for the non-thesis option.
- Students progress through as a cohort, enrolling in about six credit hours each term (Fall, Spring, and Summer) for two years.
- The program will be delivered predominantly online with one face-to-face session each year, usually in September.
- Thesis or Project - All students complete a thesis or project as part of the degree requirements. Students work closely with an advisor to identify a research or project topic aligned with their interests.
Students completing a Master of Science (MS) degree in Agricultural and Extension Education will acquire knowledge and skills in foundational disciplines to:
- Evaluate education and communication programs in the: food, agricultural, and environmental sciences.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
35 semester hours for non-thesis option
DisciplinesEducation Communication Studies Agriculture View 996 other Masters in Education in United States
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International15312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15312 USD per year during 12 months.
National15312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15312 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14912 USD per year during 12 months.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.