By 2050, 2/3rd of the population will live in cities and 2 Bn new urban citizens will reside in cities that do not exist yet. Those Smart Cities need hands-on though visionary designers to create better lives conditions and to reinvent citizenship for every stakeholder: younger/elder, families/professionals, tourists/dwellers, and by giving meaning to the best technologies.
The programme's goal
- Facing complexity
By giving them a strong multidisciplinary culture mixing technologies, human sciences, marketing, culture, 3D modelling, design methodology, Strate trains different types of designers able to read, represent and exploit complexity.
- Solving problems
Thanks to this “Design Mix”, Strate Designers are able to address any human issue in a creative way to enable better lives in a smarter city.
- Interact with the industry
Through a strong connection with the industry (all teachers are professionals + projects are given by the industry + mandatory internship), Strate trains designers prepared to face reality.
- Training creative professionals
If Technologies, 3D tools, methodology, Human sciences, culture are the components, creativity is key in giving the innovative and disruptive quality of those ready to work Designers.
Career opportunities for the graduates of this Design for Smart Cities programme from Strate School of Design
- Head of Design
- Head of innovation
- Project leader
- Experience Designer
- Service Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Intelligent Object Designer
- Immersive Designer (Augmented/Virtual Reality)
- IoT projects Manager
- Urban Innovation Lead
Since 2017, the programme is recognised by the French State through its registration by the National Council of Professional Certification (CNCP) at Level 1.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Curriculum Year 1
- 108h Design Projects and Methodology
- 72h Design Culture 1
- 78h General Culture 1
- 104h Representation & Visualization 1
- 87h Industry sponsored project
- 30h Design Culture 2
- 55h General Culture 2
- 108h Representation & Visualization 2
- 36h Thesis 1
- 21h Thesis 2
- 36h Inter-disciplinary industry sponsored project
- 9h Humanities
- 9h Professionalization
- 8h Preparation of oral defence
- 18h Degree Project follow up
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We accept students onto a rolling basis however we strongly encourage applicants to contact us as soon as they can. Applications are considered until July 1st. Late applications may be accepted.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Transport Management Urban Planning View 5 other Masters in Urban Planning in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Upper 2nd Class Honors degree or equivalent) in Design or Engineering or in Science OR a Bachelor’s degree in non-Design or Science fields (e.g. Management or Arts)
f you are thinking of applying to our programs, please send us the following documentation:
- The Application Form
- A CV or professional resume
- Official transcripts of studies
- Copies of diplomas
- 2 letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Official score of a standardized English exam (TOEFL, IETLS) for those individuals who are not native English speakers
- Photocopy of valid passport or identity card
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.