Developed and delivered with well-established cancer institutes and oncological and palliative care expertise, at Palliative Care course from Newcastle University you will experience a comprehensive and intellectually stimulating experience wherever you are in the world.
These courses are designed to provide those working in palliative care and related professional roles with detailed knowledge about the interrelationship between oncology and clinical cancer service provision.
Throughout the Palliative Care course from Newcastle University you will develop clinical leadership, clinical excellence and the ability to cultivate interdisciplinary collaboration in the delivery of evidence based oncology/palliative care. This includes sharing mutually valuable information to help develop clinical practice. You will be introduced to the basis of research in palliative care, preparing you for further research within the field.
We have designed these courses in collaboration with the Faculty of Medical Sciences and it is delivered in association with the Northern Centre for Cancer Care (NCCC).
- training in nursing, medical or scientific specialties and dealing with cancer, clinical or medical oncology, or palliative care
- working in the pharmacology industry or in cancer research
- Palliative Care Themes and Perspectives
- Contemporary Issues in Palliative Care Practice: Management of Symptoms (Other Than Pain) in Advanced Diseases
- Multiprofessional Management of Cancer
- Managing Pain
- Research Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The application deadline has not yet been confirmed.
- the postgraduate certificate requires 60 credits of study
- the postgraduate diploma requires 120 credits
- the MSc requires 180 credits. It includes a dissertation, which bears 60 credits
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 272 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 honours degree, or international equivalent, in a relevant discipline and working in the healthcare profession or related field. We will consider applications on an individual basis if you have lower or non-standard qualifications and are working in the healthcare profession or related field.
- You must be IT literate to complete these highly interactive courses online and have access to a computer with a printer and a reliable internet connection.
International3500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National3500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.