About Data Analytics and Data Science at National University of Ireland, Galway
This MSc and Diploma programme at National University of Ireland, Galway will provide graduates of Computing or related degrees with the deep technical knowledge and analytical skills to succeed in this growth area.
This is an advanced MSc programme that provides graduates of Computer Science and closely related areas with in-depth knowledge and skills in the emerging growth area of Data Analytics. It includes topics such as large-scale data analytics, advanced data-mining and machine learning, applied regression modelling, information retrieval techniques, natural language processing, data visualisation, Web mining, Linked-Data analytics, simulation and modelling, digital image processing.
Data analytics skills are required in every industry. Graduates will be excellently qualified to pursue exciting careers in national and multinational industries in a wide range of areas. Our graduates currently work for companies as diverse as IBM, SAP, Cisco, Avaya, Google, Fujitsu, Accenture, Paddypower.com, Merck Pharmaceuticals as well as many specialised companies and startups.Opportunities include:
- The development of innovative new services and products based on data analytics
- The development of new types of data analysis services and solutions
- The creation of leading-edge start-ups that provide analytics solutions and products.
- PhD-level research in NUI Galway, elsewhere in Ireland, or abroad
- Programming for Data Analytics
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Data Visualisation
- Deep Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 31 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Ireland
- this MSc is targeted at high-performing graduates of Level 8 (or equivalent) computer science programmes, or Level 8 (or equivalent) science/ engineering programmes that offer sufficient training in computing. The minimum academic requirement for entry to the programme is a First Class Honours (or equivalent) from a recognised university or third-level college. However, a good Second Class Honours (or equivalent) can be deemed sufficient on the recommendation of the Programme Director.
- entry to the MSc requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 in writing, with no less than 6.0 in any other band. TOEFL: Overall 88, Listening 12–19, Speaking 18–19, Writing 24–26, Reading 13– 18.
International24140 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24140 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7760 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7760 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Galway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.