About Coastal & Marine Environments: Physical Processes, Policy & Practice at National University of Ireland, Galway
Coastal and marine environments are critical to local and national economies, support diverse habitats and communities, and provide a suite of ecosystem services. This field-intensive postgraduate Coastal & Marine Environments: Physical Processes, Policy & Practice programme at National University of Ireland, Galway examines emerging discourses surrounding the long-term health, use, and management of coastal and marine systems.Through lectures, workshops, ship time, field work, and independent research, MSc students are challenged to:
- Engage scientifically and critically analyse how coastal and marine systems function and are used by communities;
- Evaluate plans and policies that address the complex relationships between coastal and marine environments and communities;
- Assess how well policies and legislation work to ensure long-term ecosystem sustainability and mitigate negative impacts on coastal communities and sectors.
Recent MSc Graduates have gone onto PhD programmes, as well as joining the professional workforce as: consultants, ecologists, teachers and instructors, researchers, and managers. Employers have included: the Marine Institute, Irish Lights, EPA Ireland, MaREI, NPWS, Environmental Consultancies, Public Outreach and Education, Industry and the Private Sector.
- Biodiversity and Coastal Change
- Dynamics of Climate Change
- Research Methods and Mapping
- Coastal Processes and Landform
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeography Biodiversity & Conservation Natural Resource Management View 11 other Masters in Geography in Ireland
- Level 8 degree, Second Class Honours or equivalent, with Second Class Honours Grade 1 or equivalent in a relevant field of study. Selection is based on candidates’ academic record at undergraduate level, statement of intent and academic letters of recommendation.
International16540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16540 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6850 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6850 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Galway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.