The Global Film and Television (Online) programme from the University of Hertfordshire is innovative in engaging with comparative close readings of US film beyond Hollywood, of World Cinema, and of contemporary television. The course leads the way in employing cutting-edge advancements in Film and Television Studies, such as the audio visual essay and digital curation. The course’s online delivery means that you will benefit from greater flexibility, innovative teaching and learning strategies via the latest developments in social media and digital technology.
Why choose this course?
With the University of Hertfordshire’s innovative online distance learning programme, you can study for a MA Global Film and Television at your own pace, without ever having to set foot on campus.
You will benefit from:
- Flexible study- fit your degree around your work and life commitments.
- Support from experienced and well qualified tutors.
- No campus-based exams – assessment is by coursework and online tests.
- Pay as you study and possible tuition fee loan eligibility (UK/EU students only).
- Being part of a dynamic and supportive online community of like-minded students.
- No travel or student accommodation costs.
Graduates are equipped for a variety of careers including those traditionally open to Masters Graduates in the Arts and Humanities: teaching, the Civil Service, Local Government, journalism, marketing, film curation and exhibition, and publishing as well as for further study at postgraduate level.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Style and Meaning in Film and Television
- Screen Curation
- Global Screen Violence
- Research Methods: Critical and Theoretical Debates
- Research Methods: Advanced Research Skills
- Dissertation/Extended Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 6 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
The normal entry requirements for the programme are:
- A good Bachelor’s degree (minimum 2.2 or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Access to computer equipment with the following minimum specification.
- An interview is not a required component of the admissions process, but all applicants will be invited to an informal online discussion with the Programme Leader prior to admission (via Skype).
International755 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 755 GBP per module and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA755 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 755 GBP per module and a duration of 24 months.
per 15 credits.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!