The goal of the program in Archaeology, offered by Cornell University, is to offer students the intellectual resources and institutional support necessary to prepare them for successful admissions to top tier PhD programs and for careers in heritage management.
Cornell archaeology supports a diverse array of interests, ranging from material culture studies to public archaeology, historic preservation, and archaeological method and theory. Archaeology at Cornell is deeply committed to multidisciplinary studies. Faculty in Archaeology belong to the fields of Anthropology, Classics, History of Art, Landscape Architecture, and Near Eastern Studies.
The ideal trajectory toward the MA should result in the completion of all requirements within 12-18 months, although extensions to 24 months are allowed when warranted by a student’s research program.
- Show understanding of the history and current methods and theories in archaeology;
- Keep abreast of current advances in one’s field and related areas;
- Show commitment to professional development through engagement in professional societies and other modes of knowledge exchange;
- Show commitment to sustaining a productive learning environment through teaching, collaboration, mentoring, and/or other means.
- Learn advanced research skills
- Perform critical analysis of one’s own and others’ findings;
- Communicate research appropriately.
Concentrations by Subject
- African archaeology
- Archaeology of Europe, the Caucasus and Eurasia
- Latin American and Caribbean archaeology
- Mediterranean and Near Eastern archaeology
- South and East Asian archaeology
- North American archaeology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology History View 207 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- three recommendations
- writing sample (20-25 pages, double spaced)
- GRE scores are not required
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 12 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.