In addition to courses offered by the graduate field of Applied Economics and Management, graduate students are encouraged to take advantage of graduate courses offered throughout Cornell’s world-class College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, as well as the University’s 13 other top-ranked colleges and schools. This program is offered by Cornell University.
The M.S. and Ph.D. programs are research oriented, and each requires a thesis or dissertation. Students are normally expected to obtain the M.S. or equivalent degree before entering the Ph.D. program. The Ph.D. student must take at least one minor concentration in another field, such as Economics.
- The crucial outcome of graduate study in the Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management is the identification, conceptualization, resolution of, and recommendations for important economic problems of a local, regional, national and global nature.
- To this end, the Dyson graduate student is trained in a problem centric environment to examine issues from an economic point of view, generating hypotheses based on economic principles, and empirically testing these hypotheses. The key learning objective is to create lifelong learners and independent thinkers with a toolkit of sufficient sophistication to adapt to problems as they arise.
- At the MS level, we seek sufficient rigor in thesis research as a transitional phase to doctoral research or employment in the private or public sectors.
Concentrations by Subject:
- Agricultural Finance and Development
- Policy Analysis: Welfare Theory, Agriculture, and Trade
- Analysis of Agriculture Markets
- Commodity Futures and Options
- Environmental Energy & Resource Economics (EERE)
- Environmental and Resource Economics (if your concentration is EERE it is recommended you take this course your first semester)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership View 682 other Masters in Economics in United States
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam for Non-Native English Applicants
- two recommendations
- GRE general test
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 24 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.