The Clinical Science (pathways in Medical Physics and Physiological Sciences) course from Newcastle University offers specialist pathways in medical physics and physiological sciences and is available to the healthcare science workforce and through competitive national recruitment.
This specialist course runs under the NHS Scientist Training Programme (STP) and is accredited by the National School for Healthcare Science Accreditation Unit. Combining academic and workplace learning, the formal teaching element is delivered through structured residential teaching blocks and online study.
Due to the unique nature of this course full information is available on our Faculty of Medical Sciences website.
There are two pathways:
Medical Physics offers specialisms in:
- radiotherapy physics
- radiation safety physics
- imaging with ionising radiation
- imaging with non-ionising radiation
Physiological Sciences offers specialisms in:
- cardiac science
- vascular science
- gastrointestinal physiology
- urodynamic science
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Physics
- Healthcare Science, Professional Practice and Clinical Leadership
- Research Skills for Health Care Professionals
- Research Project: Identifying and Planning a Project
- Radiotherapy Physics
- Research Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
The course starts in September. There is no application closing date for this course.We suggest international students apply at least two months beforehand.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1250 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
There are two routes to study the courses, both through the National School of Healthcare Science (NSHCS):
- direct entry route: competitive entry through national recruitment
- in-service entry route: if you work in an existing healthcare science workforce, with the agreement of your employer
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.