Students benefit by learning from experienced practitioners in the field who possess experience in the FBI, CIA, United Nations, Connecticut State Police, private investigation labs, security agencies, and more. Whether you are currently working in the security field or wish to embark on your first career, the program will prepare you with the necessary skills to succeed in the intelligence community.
Students in the National Security program at University of New Haven are required to complete an internship, research, or thesis experience prior to graduation. Areas of research include, but are not limited to, national security, public safety, emergency management, and homeland security. A concentration in Information Protection and Security in the program allows students to pursue specific study in cybersecurity and the protection of information systems within the intelligence community.
Students in the program have unique hands-on learning opportunities in classroom facilities like the computer crime laboratory and in specialized fieldwork in an optional internship with organizations like the State of Connecticut, federal and state agencies, or private firms like Sikorsky Aircraft, located a short distance from campus.
- National Security Programs: Architecture and Mission
- Securing National Security Information Systems
- Research Methods and Intelligence Analysis
- Bioterrorism and Biodefense
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
These are priority deadlines.
DisciplinesMilitary Science Terrorism & Security View 155 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and mailed directly to the admissions office. If official documents are unavailable, unofficial documents can be uploaded through the online application system for initial review only. However, all official documents must be received before the start of classes for the admitted semester.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International36720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.