In addition, the Emergency Management (Online) program offers courses on the social effects of different disaster types, the role of the emergency manager in disasters, and disaster preparedness in the public and private sectors.
- Become a leader. Learn to manage disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery with research-based principles.
- 100% online. Classes are completely on your schedule, and each takes just 6 to 7.5 weeks to complete.
- One course per term. Only one course is required per term for maximum work-life balance.
- The University of New Haven is a recognized leader in this field, and a master’s degree from the University of New Haven strengthens your resume. The University of New Haven’s program is also one of the few master’s degrees that fully aligns with FEMA guidelines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Emergency Management
- Principles and Practices of Hazard Mitigation
- Catastrophe Readiness and Response
- Holistic Disaster Recovery: Creating a More Sustainable Future
- Disaster Response Operations and Management
- Social Dimensions of Disaster
- Emergency Incident Management
- Food Plain Management
- Political and Policy Basis of Emergency Management
- Emergency Management Research Project
- Emergency Management Thesis Proposal and Research
- Emergency Management Thesis Writing and Defense
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Emergency & Disaster Management View 33 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and mailed directly to the admissions office. If official documents are unavailable, unofficial documents can be uploaded through the online application system for initial review only. However, all official documents must be received before the start of classes for the admitted semester.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International17370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34740 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National17370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34740 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.