Data Science programme from Newcastle University is revolutionising every area of science, engineering and commerce. It offers the potential for huge societal and economic benefits. The Data Science MSc was created in collaboration with a number of high profile industry leaders to address the skills shortage in data analytics. The course brings together students and industry practitioners in a setting which new technologies are developed and translated into industry practice.
What you'll learn
Through this Data Science programme from Newcastle University you'll receive a comprehensive grounding in theory and application of data science. You'll develop the multi-disciplinary combination of skills in statistics and computer science. You'll also gain the ability to apply these skills to real problems in a given application area.
Topics covered in the course include:
- data visualization
- cloud computing
- Bayesian statistics
- machine learning
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Data Management and Exploratory Data Analysis
- Data Science in the Wild
- Group Project in Data Science
- Cloud Computing with Project
- Machine Learning with Project
- Statistical Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Learning for Data Science
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We suggest international students apply at least two months before the course starts. This is so that you have enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
- A PGDip is awarded if you successfully complete all of the taught modules (120 credits).
- A PGCert is awarded if you successfully complete half of the taught modules (60 credits).
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 212 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Newcastle University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 BSc honours degree, or international equivalent, in: computer science, mathematics, statistics, an engineering discipline with programming experience
- We have a strong track record of admitting applicants from a non-standard background and individuals with strong relevant work experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered on an individual basis.
- English Language requirements
International28200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- MSc Part time - £6,450
- PGCert Home - £4,300, International - £9,400, Part time - £2,150
- PGDip Home - £8,600, International - £18,500, Part time - £4,300
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.