In the Dependable Systems domain, the curriculum of the Computer Science - Software Systems program from Charles University deals with systematic construction of systems with high reliability, such as embedded and real-time systems. The High Performance Computing branch introduces techniques for software development on high performance computing systems (highly parallel systems, distributed systems, clouds). All focus domains pay attention to both the programming tools and methods and the associated architectural knowledge.
Information about graduate employment
The graduate possesses robust programming skills in the given focus domain: System Programming for modern operating systems and system-related technologies (middleware, virtual machines), Dependable Systems for dealing with the systematic construction of systems with guaranteed reliability, and High Performance Computing for software development on modern parallel and distributed systems.
- The graduate has absorbed both the necessary theoretical foundations and the skills required for solving practical programming tasks. He can use modern programming languages and tools.
- He can adapt to the fast-moving technologies of today and use these technologies in team software projects. He can solve problems individually and systematically, and apply deep system knowledge in delivering outside-the-box solutions.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 24 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The goal of the admissions review process is to select from the pool of applicants those individuals who have shown the capability and diligence expected of Charles University students. To apply for our Computer Science or Mathematics Master's programmes given in English you must
- hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof;
- have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize
International5395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5395 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3237 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3237 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from the EU is 84 000 CZK per academic year.
- International students tuition is 140000 CZK per academic year.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.