Examples of such applications are systems of information retrieval, information extraction and summarization, machine translation, text analytics, grammar checking, automatic speech recognition, spoken dialogue systems, and speech synthesis.
The emphasis is put on deep understanding of formal mathematical and algorithmic foundations and their practical applicability in natural language processing tasks. Students of the Computer Science - Language Technologies and Computational Linguistics program from Charles University have the possibility to focus either on theoretical aspects of formal description of natural languages or on the technology-oriented side (state-of-the-art methods in statistics, machine learning and deep learning) for language data processing.
Information about graduate employment
The graduate is familiar with mathematical and algorithmic foundations of automatic natural language processing, with theoretical foundations of formal description of natural languages, as well as with state-of-the-art machine learning techniques.
- Graduates have the ability to apply the knowledge acquired during their studies in the design and development of systems automatically processing natural language and large quantities of both structured and unstructured data, such as information retrieval, question answering, summarization and information extraction, machine translation and speech processing.
- They are equipped with good knowledge, skills, and experience in software development and teamwork applicable in all areas involving the development of applications aiding human-computer interaction and/or machine learning.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Machine Learning View 19 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The goal of the admissions review process is to select from the pool of applicants those individuals who have shown the capability and diligence expected of Charles University students. To apply for our Computer Science or Mathematics Master's programmes given in English you must:
- hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof;
- have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize
International5395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5395 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3237 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3237 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from the EU is 84 000 CZK per academic year.
- International students tuition is 140000 CZK per academic year.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.