For more than 40 years, we have successfully prepared graduates for professional careers in mental health and related human services fields.
We provide a distinctive applied psychology education. We offer three program concentrations – community-clinical services, program development, or forensic psychology – that enable our students to tailor the curriculum to meet their individual needs and professional goals.
The Community Psychology program at University of New Haven allows students to simultaneously complete their degree, obtain practical experience, work full-time or part-time, and meet financial obligations. Full-time students can complete the program in two years, and classes are offered during evening hours to accommodate working students.
You’ll prepare for the future by:
- Learning and training to prevent and treat psychological problems, with an emphasis on interventions within social institutions, organizations and groups, as well as directly with individuals
- Focusing on community analysis, consultation, program development, administration and evaluation
- Gaining internship experience at a human service organization or in a community setting
- Learning to apply your knowledge to enhance and enrich individuals, families, groups, institutions and entire communities
- Survey of Community Psychology
- Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Abnormal Psychology in Forensic Populations
- Program Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- These are priority deadlines.
DisciplinesPsychology View 1318 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and mailed directly to the admissions office. If official documents are unavailable, unofficial documents can be uploaded through the online application system for initial review only. However, all official documents must be received before the start of classes for the admitted semester.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International22950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.