Through a set of core courses, students learn the basic methods of formulating and solving problems.
Attention is given to the changing nature of demands and capacities, principles of decision-making under uncertainty, risk management, quality management and assurance, effective use of information technologies, modeling and analysis of large systems, and techniques for finding optimal solutions applicable to businesses today. IESM students have the chance to minor in Business, Energy, Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing, and Information Technology.
The mission of this Industrial Engineering and Systems Management program from American University of Armenia, as a premier center of education and research in the field of Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, is to deliver graduates capable of working efficiently in and taking leadership of a multidisciplinary team to resolve real-life problems of any production or service company using state-of-the-art engineering optimization solutions.
- Engineering Economics
- Operations Research
- Analysis and Design of Data Systems
- Quality Assurance and Management
- Simulation of IE Systems
- Production System Analysis
- Alternative Energy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are expected to:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in fields including mathematics, science and engineering. Students with degrees in non-science disciplines may be admitted, depending on their completed course work. The undergraduate degree must include, as a minimum, two years of college-level mathematics covering calculus, linear algebra and differential equations, and a course in physical sciences (physics, mechanics, chemistry, biology, etc).
- Present an Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) score of at least 79, or an IELTS score of at least 6.5. The test must have been taken within two years prior to the application date.
- Submit a score from the Graduate Record Examinations Test (GRE) Quantitative section. Typically, incoming students score at least in the 50th percentile on the exam. The test must have been taken within five years prior to the application date.
- Submit an informative Statement of Purpose.
International6926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6926 USD per year during 24 months.
National2968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2968 USD per year during 24 months.
- Citizens of the Republic of Armenia - 1,500,000 AMD ;
- International Students - 3,500,000 AMD
Living costs for Yerevan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.