Why Choose Us?
- You will earn from a dedicated and passionate teaching team, who have experience with the international human rights institutions
- This course is a conversion LLM – you don’t need a degree in Law to be eligible to study it.
- The course covers transnational jurisdictions, so it is international in scope.
- The course has flexible delivery methods to suit your location and when you are able to study. You can enroll as either an on-campus student, flexible/blended learning student or as a distance learning student
- Studying of the LLM International Human Rights will provide you with an opportunity to engage with the work of the Law School’s Centre for Human Right
- You will have an opportunity to enhance your employability skills by completing an internship
- Birmingham City University has just launched the UK's first Centre for Brexit Studies, researching all aspects of the UK's vote to leave the EU, including the impact it has on domestic law and legislation.
- You will be able to benefit from the newly-introduced postgraduate loans. For more information, visit UCAS.
You will have the opportunity to undertake a placement or complete a project as an alternative to a dissertation.The International Human Rights - LLM is provided by Birmingham City University.
In addition we have active, student-led Legal, Mooting and Debate Societies. Our Student Mooting Society is one of the most successful in England, with our students reaching five finals in the past six years, regularly beating teams from some of the country’s most prestigious universities.
We also have a staff and student led Pro-Bono Unit that provides legal advice to the public.
- Public International Law
- Women's and Children’s Rights
- Human Rights in International Law
- Advanced Research Methods
- Dissertation, Project or Placement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date.
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 394 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Birmingham City University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Minimum 2:2 on a UK degree in law (e.g. LLB)
Minimum 2:2 on a UK degree which includes law as a substantial component (e.g. BA Law and Management)
International16300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.