The goal of the MSc in Economics from Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI) is to teach students how to analyze economic problems at the national as well as international level and how to identify the most appropriate policy instruments.
In a cordial environment and in close interaction with the Faculty, the students will be equipped with the quantitative methods and the analytical tools necessary for a successful career as a professional economist in the private or public sector.
To optimally prepare for different career paths, the students have the option to acquire additional programming skills (minor in data science) or additional tools relevant for public policy analysis (minor in public policy). The master will also drive interested students into a Ph.D program.
The Master in Economics provides the foundations for a successful career as an applied economist. Due to the rigorous coursework in microeconomics, econometrics and macroeconomics, combined with knowledge in more specialized areas, national as well as international organizations alike will have a strong interest in hiring ME-students.
Next to the possibilities offered by the private/public sector, the students are well prepared for a continuing education in form of a Ph.D.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Industrial Organization
- Political Economy and Public Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy Public Policy View 10 other Masters in Public Policy in Switzerland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The formal requirement for admission is a Bachelor's degree from a recognized academic institution in Economics, Business Economics or other related fields, preferably with some quantitative background.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree of a recognised University of Applied Sciences may be admitted with 30-60 additional ECTS to be earned during or before the beginning of the programme, with Bachelor or Master courses according to a study program defined by the scientific director. Admissions will be treated on a case by case basis.
- The places offered are limited, therefore the selection can be effected on the basis of the academic results.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7420 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7420 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National: CHF 2000
- International: CHF 4000
Living costs for Lugano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.