Environment, Agriculture and Resource Management from University of Zagreb offers theoretical and practical knowledge targeted at sustainable use and management of natural resources such as soil and water as well as positive and negative effects of human activities, primarily agriculture, on these resources.
Students at Environment, Agriculture and Resource Management from University of Zagreb will:
- Master and analyze adapted interdisciplinary knowledge and demonstrate technical skills in the domain of agriculture, environmental protection and related natural, engineering and biotechnical sciences relating to theoretical and practical assessment and evaluation of biological, physical and hydrological components of the natural as well as anthropogenized, notably agricultural, environment and their interactions
- Explain the theoretical bases and concepts of natural resource assessment; theoretical and practical bases for application of appropriate experimental techniques in analysis and appraisal of physical, chemical and biological components of natural and modified eco- and agro-ecosystems, their interactions, using advanced techniques such as modeling, geostatistics, GIS and remote imaging
- Critically consider the issues of balance and sustainability of agro-ecosystems and food production, food safety and resource protection, primarily soil and water; acquire practical understanding of how available research and monitoring techniques can be used for efficient planning of environmental management
- Analytical chemistry and laboratory methods
- Agroclimatology and climate change
- Agri-environmental law and polic
- Quantitative methods for agriculture and environment science
- Environmental soil science
- Mineralogy and petrology
- Hydrology and water resources
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- EU/EEA citizens can enter Croatia with just a valid ID card (or passport) and then need to register at the Central police station if staying for more than 3 months to regulate the residence permit.
- The graduate study programme is open to candidates who already have a bachelor’s or equivalent degree in agriculture or forestry, ecology, biology, geology, geography or other related fields, with a minimum of 180 ECTS acquired.
- English Proficiency
International2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 17.500,00 HRK (2.500,00 €) per academic year.
- Students with Croatian citizenship and students from EU countries pay 50% of tuition.
Living costs for Zagreb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.