The MSc in Forensic Psychology from the University of Lincoln has a clear focus on practice-based topics in forensic psychology. Students are able to conduct a research project alongside academics who are active researchers in their fields. Areas of expertise amongst staff include understanding deception and interviewing skills; investigative and courtroom processes; sexual fantasy and sexual offending; and online sexual exploitation material.
The School’s forensic psychology team draws on the expertise of a range of practitioners working in applied forensic psychology settings to provide specialist input into the programme.
Graduates of this programme may pursue careers in many different forensic settings and roles.
This MSc acts as Stage 1 training for those with Graduate Basis for Chartered membership accredited psychology degrees to become a Chartered Forensic and HCPC Registered Psychologist.
This programme is accredited with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and for those with BPS Graduate Basis of Chartership (GBC), acts as Stage 1 training towards becoming a Chartered Forensic Psychologist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of interest within the course team include but are not limited to:
- Personality disordered offenders
- Occupational stress in prisons
- Investigate procedures
- Courtroom procedures
- Physical violence and violent fantasy
- Sexual violence and sexual fantasy
- Sexual arousal and decision-making
- Sexual behaviour
- Compulsive and impulsive behaviour
- Gambling and criminality
- Homelessness and criminality.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science Criminology View 110 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- First or upper second class honours degree in psychology. All offers made to those still completing their BSc are contingent upon the applicant meeting these requirements.
- To use the MSc in Forensic Psychology as Stage 1 in the route towards becoming a Chartered Forensic Psychologist, an essential pre-requisite is that you must be eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society.
- This means that you will have undertaken an undergraduate degree in psychology approved by the British Psychological Society. Those without an approved psychology degree must undertake a BPS accredited conversion course, before stage two training can begin.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7900 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time Home: £44 per credit point
- Part-time International: £89 per credit point
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.