Why study MA Interiors (Architecture and Design) at Middlesex University?
The potential of the ‘interior’ is explored across a range of contemporary contexts, through field research and interpretation, studio workshop and media practices, critical analysis and design.
As public, political and commercial concern grows with the future suitability and sustainability of our urban environments, the need for inspired and innovative leadership in the re-imagining, re-use and transformation of our existing buildings and interiors becomes ever more urgent.
This Interiors (Architecture and Design) MA course at the Middlesex University is structured to allow you to identify and explore your own particular interests within interiors, enabling you to investigate examples of conceptual and spatial manifestation and application. You will generate propositions to test, demonstrate and explain your approach, and to develop in-depth strategies by which your ideas and proposals can be implemented. You will challenge and redefine what constitutes the 'interior' through experimental learning, making, designing, critical analysis, and narrative techniques. You will gain the relevant contemporary knowledge, advanced design skills and subject insights to develop, consolidate, apply and promote a personal design practice that can meet the tests and challenges of tomorrow.
- Virtual or real access to London's design world with valuable industry links to a range of industry specialists and businesses
- Access to networking opportunities, world-leading research and expertise
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module
This course will prepare you for a diverse range of careers foremost within the interior design, architecture and wider design industry, but also within other creative and cultural industries. These may include product, furniture, exhibition design, spatial design and more. You may also decide to pursue careers in further research and teaching.Graduates are now working as:
- Interior designers
- Product Designers
- Developing Practice
- Critical Debates
- Exploring Spaces
- Advanced Research
- Major Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesArchitecture Visual Arts Interior Design View 278 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
- a good honours degree 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification, in Interior Architecture, Architecture, Interior Design or Design, although other subjects may be valid
- candidates with other relevant qualifications are also considered
- those without formal qualifications need to demonstrate three years' relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.