Studying the Global Mental Health MSc at King's College London, you will acquire the knowledge and skills required to design, implement and evaluate mental health programmes in low resource settings as well as learning how to conduct and critically evaluate research. Our course constitutes an excellent preparation for careers in policy, research and work in international agencies. services.
- Wide range of modules available.
- Teaching and supervision delivered by leading researchers from the Centre for Global Mental Health at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
- Welcomes applications from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds, including: clinicians, researchers, development workers and those working in policy and planning.
Our graduates will be well-equipped to enter careers in national mental health policy and planning, epidemiological and mental health services research, and advisory and advocacy roles in government, international agencies and non-governmental organisations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Global Mental Health
- Statistics for Epidemiology and Population Health
- Epidemiology for Mental Health Research
- Design and Evaluation of Mental Health Programmes
- Theory to Practice in Global Mental Health
- Global Mental Health Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Health Sciences View 842 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- An upper second-class honours degree of a UK university or a registerable qualification in medicine, appropriate to the programme.
- In order to meet the academic entry requirements for this programme you should have a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree with a final mark of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme. If you are still studying you should be achieving an average of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme.
- Please upload your personal statement (word limit: 1000) during online application.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International32940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32940 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14070 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14070 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.