You will be taught by staff with healthcare experience as well as backgrounds in law. Within the Medical Law and Ethics LLM course at De Montfort University, each student has the opportunity to develop his or her own interests with the freedom to choose from a range of module options.
- Informa Connect
- Develop your own personal pathway
- Study at your own pace
- Differentiate yourself in the job market
- Boost your employability
Improve your career and employability options in a globalised job market
This course equips you to enter legal and other work relating to medical and ethical issues.
- Medical Negligence
- Patient Safety, Quality & Professional Regulation in Healthcare Law
- Consent and Incapacitated Patient
- Coroners Law
- Expert Evidence
- Issues Relating to the Creation and Saving of Life
- Issues Relating to the Termination of Life
- Medical Research Law
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Public Health Public Law View 54 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at De Montfort University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification, or an appropriate professional qualification. Some background knowledge of law is useful, but a degree in law is not essential.
- Download and complete the international application form.
- A copy of your qualifications.
- A copy of your English language certificate.
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application.
- A copy of your passport.
- Two references.
International8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8950 GBP per year during 27 months.
National8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8950 GBP per year during 27 months.
- Accelerated course fees: £9,200
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.