Discover the compelling field of forensic accounting. This Forensic Accounting and Forensic Accounting (Applied) MSc course from De Montfort University covers fraud, financial crime and data analysis procedures – invaluable insight used by professionals in the search for criminal activity in both public and private sector organisations. It will prepare you to conduct fraud investigation and give expert testimony and litigation support for public and private sector organisations.
Learn about accounting scandals and incidences of fraud, and find out how they can be detected, prevented and deterred, with study of the legal environment in which forensic accounting operates. Discover digital forensics, including how to investigate digital artefacts, and find out how recent corporate failures in the UK, Italy and USA have led to conversations about the role of corporate governance and corporate social responsibilities.
- The Department of Accounting and Finance has a strong work-related bias, offering professional, postgraduate and undergraduate courses.
- You will develop an advanced understanding of accounting and finance issues for the private and public sectors, both nationally and internationally, enhancing your career prospects with key financial skills sought after by many organisations.
accredited by CIMA
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fraud Examination and Investigation
- Financial Crime and Law
- Research Methods
- Digital Forensics Principles and Practice
- Governance and Social Responsibility
- Risk Management
- Assurance and Risk
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Forensic Accounting View 849 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in a business, law, accounting, finance, banking or economics-related subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification
- Applicants with legal background as well as anyone who has worked in an investigative or counter fraud roles such as police officers, tax personnel’s or managers will be considered on individual basis
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU Forensic Accounting: £14,100
- UK Forensic Accounting (Applied): £8,500 for two years
- EU/International Forensic Accounting (Applied): £15,100 for two years
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.