The dual degree is a partnership between NYU Stern School of Business and the NYU Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences. The unique mix of business training and quantitative skills provided by this program makes its graduates strong candidates for positions in fields such as quantitative risk and portfolio management, and the design, pricing, trading and hedging of derivatives and structured products.
The 72-credit Mathematics in Finance MSc/MBA dual degree from New York University is divided between the two schools and takes two and a half years to complete. Students study for the first year at Courant, the second year at Stern and then spend the fall of their third taking courses at both schools. Students register for the first two semesters at Courant and the next three semesters at Stern. The dual degree program may be pursued only on a full-time basis; it is not open to part-time students. Transfer credits are not accepted by either program.
- In their first year, dual degree students are included in Courant’s Resume Book for obtaining a summer internship between the first and second year of the program. Having a business internship for this summer is strongly encouraged.
- Stern’s Office of Career Development (OCD) helps dual degree students with career counseling and placement once they begin taking classes at Stern. Access to Stern OCD services as well as alumni and Stern-specific job postings are available beginning in the first semester that students are registered at Stern.
- In their first year at Stern, students have access to the Ignite career development program, which is required in order to participate in on-campus recruiting. OCD will assist dual degree students with finding a summer internship between their second and third year, as well as securing full-time employment for after graduation.
- Stern career services after graduation are provided by the Career Center for Working Professionals (CCWP).
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 149 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Only first year full-time Courant MS in Mathematics in Finance students are eligible to apply for the dual MS/MBA degree. Candidates must complete the NYU Stern Dual Degree application by the MS/MBA application deadline.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International78700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 78700 USD per year during 36 months.
National78700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 78700 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.