The MBA/MFA dual degree program from New York University is a partnership between NYU Stern and the Kanbar Institute of Film & Television at the Tisch School of the Arts. Designed to be the most comprehensive of its kind, harnessing the top faculty and resources of each school, the dual degree program produces highly employable individuals sought by major film studios, independent production companies and major television studios and networks.
The MBA/MFA program is designed to be completed over the course of three years, instead of the approximately four years that it would take to complete the MBA and MFA degrees independently. The first year of the program is spent at NYU Stern, the second year is spent at Kanbar, and the third year is split between the two programs.
The MBA/MFA program takes three years to complete, including two summers. Students spend the first year at Stern, the second year at Kanbar and the third year is split between the two schools. Both summers are spent completing degree requirements at Kanbar.
- Students are encouraged to take advantage of all career counseling and placement services at both NYU Stern and Tisch throughout the dual degree program. However, please note that students pursuing careers in the entertainment sector typically follow a primarily self-directed career search, as media and entertainment firms have not traditionally recruited on campus.
- In their first year, MBA/MFA students have access to Stern's Ignite program. Ignite consists of required and optional workshops, panel discussions, mini-courses, Q&A sessions, mock interviews, resume critiques and functionally-specific strategy groups. In the second year, students have access to career counseling and online tools at Stern. In their third year, students can participate in the on-campus recruiting program at Stern. It should be noted that since both summers are spent completing academic requirements at Kanbar, MBA/MFA students are not expected to pursue a summer internship.
- Production Management
- Core and MBA Electives
- Thesis Work
- MFA Electives
- MBA Electives
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) Liberal Arts View 813 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- To apply for the MBA/MFA program, candidates must complete NYU Stern Dual Degree application as well as an application for Kanbar
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT/GRE/EA Score
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International78700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 78700 USD per year during 36 months.
National78700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 78700 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.