As a qualified Company Secretary, you could have great influence on the ethical and moral quality of boardroom decision-making and actions, giving you the opportunity to make a positive impact in the world.
You may have existing experience in law, finance or general business and want to expand your horizons across the corporate sector. The role of company secretary enables you to work at the governance heart of an organisation, and potentially to work across a range of different organisational structures, presenting a dynamic career route.
This Corporate Governance from Leeds Beckett University is accredited as meeting the Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme (CGQP), and as such will enable you to develop a strong understanding of governance and general management theory. Our module teaching teams will encourage you to challenge current modes of thinking and to generate new ideas to improve your professional practice. During the programme you will gain a highly specialised set of board-level leadership skills, enabling you to recognise, analyse and influence the factors governing corporate affairs.
Corporate governance, and the related areas of business ethics and stakeholder theory, are increasingly recognised as being significant for business success and sustainability. This course will allow you to demonstrate a critical, ethical and reflective approach to these key areas within current practice and may help you progress your career to work at a senior ‘boardroom’ level across the private, public and tertiary sectors.
Completing this course and the accompanying GradICSA status will raise your opportunities to work internationally or locally in roles such as executive manager, corporate consultant, business mentor, and business analyst.
- Company secretary
- Executive director
- Non-executive director
This programme is accredited as meeting the Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme (CSQS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk Management
- Applied Corporate Law
- Interpreting Financial and Accounting Information
- Corporate Secretarial Practice
- Boardroom Dynamics
- The Practice of Governance, Leadership & Strategy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Political Science View 63 other Masters in Corporate Communication in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All suitable candidates will be required to attend an interview as part of the selection process. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion.
- All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.