- Practical. Through hands-on practical exercises, workshops, seminars, masterclasses and screenings, students will gain the practical skills required and knowledge required to work as a director. Students will work with professional actors, shoot on location and participate in moving camera exercises with MetFilm School students on other programmes of study.
- Teamwork. Work collaboratively with students on the other MA programmes as part of a creative crew to mirror industry practice. Experience what it takes to deliver the project from start to finish, and develop student’s communication, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Real-Life Experience. Learn the importance of working to a creative brief as a director while doing a project for an external company. Our students have worked with companies like Nespresso, Stonewall UK, Time Out, Fender Guitars, DHL, HM Treasury, Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube and many others.
- Industry-Facing. Learn from the best industry professionals, including Directors, Cinematographers, Casting Directors, Location Managers and Production Designers. Recent Masterclasses at the School include Oscar-winning directors: Amma Assante, Lenny Abramson, Gurinder Chada, Sarah Gavron, James Marsh, and Pawel Pawlikowski.
- Portfolio. Students have the opportunity to undertake up to seven directing exercises including a short form project for an external industry client and a final Master’s Project.
The graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Screen Lab
- Directing Boot Camp
- The Actor and the Story
- Director’s Craft and Creative Collaboration
- Advanced Visual Storytelling
- Research and Project Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 584 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Age: All applicants must be 18 years or older at the time the programme begins
- Education: A 2:1 honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National22000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.