During the Directing course at MetFilm School Londons you’ll do a unique industry project that will give you real-life experience with external clients, not offered by any other film school in the world.
- Practical. 70% of the curriculum is practical, hands-on experience. You will have an opportunity to work with professional actors, shoot on location and participate in moving camera exercises
- Teamwork. Work collaboratively with students on other MA courses (Cinematography, Screenwriting, Producing etc.) as a creative crew to mirror the industry practice. Experience what it takes to deliver the project from start to finish, and develop your communication, negotiation, and project management skills
- Real-life experience. Learn the importance of working to a creative brief as a director while doing a project for an external company. Our students have worked with companies like Mad Dog Casting, The Imaginarium, Jamie Oliver’s Food Tube and many others
- Industry-facing. Learn from the best industry professionals, including Cinematographers, Casting Directors, Location Managers and Production Designers.
The graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Screen Lab
- Directing Boot Camp
- The Actor and the Story
- Director’s Craft and Creative Collaboration
- Advanced Visual Storytelling
- Research and Project Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 344 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The MA Directing Programme is open to candidates (21+ years of age) who possess a Bachelors Degree (2.1 minimum) from a UK university or overseas equivalent.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate a passion for screen content, and will have strong communication skills. They will be persuasive in their reasons for studying their chosen specialism and demonstrate the skills, talent, knowledge and aptitude for studying at MA level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.