Through this programme, you will acquire advanced insight into the interpretation of scripts, visual storytelling, and working across a variety of screen platforms and industry contexts.
You will develop skills in directing actors and non-professional contributors. You will learn about the director's role as a leader and collaborator, working to realise client briefs and audiences' expectations. You will learn to recognise the importance of diversity and progressive working practices in your approaches to content making.
Why take the course?
- Practical: Through hands-on exercises, workshops, seminars, masterclasses, and screenings, students will gain the practical skills and knowledge required to work as a director.
- Industry-facing: Work collaboratively with students on other MA pathways as a part of a creative crew to mirror industry practice. Experience what it takes to deliver a project, and develop communication, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Real-life Experience: Learn the importance of working on a creative brief as a director while completing a project for an external company. Our students have previously worked with companies including Nespresso, Stonewall, Time out, DHL, HM Treasury, and Fender Guitars.
- Portfolio: Students have the opportunity to undertake a number of directing exercises, including a short-form project for an external industry client, and a final project.
- Professional tutors: Many of our teaching staff are currently working in the industry as: TV and film directors, broadcast journalists, producers, writers, and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Directing Craft and Industry
- Directing for Film
- Professional Profile
- Client-driven Cinematography
- Directing to a Client Brief
- Directing Television
- Practice-based Research
- Final Project and Career Plan
For a full module overview, please download the course specification from our course page: https://bit.ly/3RKEmOT
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 584 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Please find more information on our Entry Requirements here: www.metfilmschool.ac.uk/study-with-us/postgraduate-courses/
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National includes UK & EU Settled Status Students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.