Within the programme there is the possibility of doing an internship, field studies, as well as studies abroad in that the student can choose to study the elective courses in the third semester at a university in the Middle East and North Africa.
- The Middle Eastern Studies programme from Stockholm University prepares the students for work in business, management, international organizations, research and development projects, as well as media and journalism, where an extensive knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa and/or good knowledge of the Arabic language is required.
- The program will also provide eligibility for studies on the PHD level.
- Middle East: Historical Perspectives
- Key Issues in Middle East Studies
- Modern Arabic Fiction: Narratology and Text Analysis
- Human Rights in the Middle East, Turkey and East Asia
- Revolutions in the Middle East: Practices and Paradigms
- Middle Eastern Studies: Textual Sources - Area Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree of 180 ECTS credits (including a bachelor's thesis comprising a minimum of 15 ECTS credits) within the main field of Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures or equivalent.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
International8937 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17875 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.