This International and Commercial Dispute Resolution Law degree offered at the University of Westminster differs from the International Commercial Law LLM course which is primarily concerned with non-contentious aspects of commerce (modules include competition law, trade, and insurance).
The course provides an opportunity for in-depth study of the substantive and procedural issues involved in the field, and also the acquisition of skills involved in some of the processes. It is centrally concerned with law and other rules (international and commercial) which are applicable in adjudication and also in the other dispute resolution processes.
Class sizes are, in general, quite small, and you will be able to mix with students on other Masters courses at Westminster Law School.
- This course is designed to benefit a wide range of individuals, including graduates progressing towards PhD programmes; practising lawyers; other practitioners such as arbitrators, civil servants, diplomats, insurers, journalists, judges, linguists and mediators; and commercial directors and managers.
- The course is ideal for anyone with a gap year between career stages, and for anyone from the European Union and other countries wanting to improve their English for career purposes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perspectives On Conflicts and Disputes
- Postgraduate Dissertation
- Research Theory and Practice
- Comparative commercial arbitration: law and practice
- Foreign direct investment arbitration
- International commercial arbitration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 355 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2).
- Applicants without the standard qualifications, but with significant professional experience in the relevant field or related professional qualifications may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK PT tuition fee: £6,250 (Price per academic year)
- International PT tuition fee: £7,500 (Price per academic year)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.