At the Robert Gordon University studying the MSc Advanced Nursing Practice will be prepared to function at master's level through the programme and will have the unique opportunity to develop practice at a higher level. In the past 'advanced practitioner' posts have tended to be characterised principally by clinical competence; however, this programme accepts that advanced practice is a 'level' of practice rather than a particular role. This Advanced Nursing Practice programme from Robert Gordon University takes into account the four pillars of practice: clinical practice; leadership; facilitation of learning; and evidence research and development. Therefore, some practitioners will focus on leading and managing services; others will focus on clinical practice and be able to diagnose and treat healthcare needs; and others will have advanced roles within public health.
There are five routes within the programme:
- Clinical Practice
- District Nursing
- Health Visiting
- School Nursing
The programme recognises the accepted international benchmark for advanced practice and trains you to be highly experienced and educated member of care teams who can diagnose and treat healthcare needs or make a referral to an appropriate specialist.This programme will prepare you for an advanced clinical role in a range of healthcare settings. You will develop the decision-making, research and leadership skills required to deal with complex clinical situations. The programme is designed to allow you to continue and develop your knowledge and skills within your own areas of practice, enabling you to accelerate your career progression.It also allows you to continue to develop knowledge and skills within your own areas of practice to accelerate your career progression.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Leadership
- Advanced Concepts Of Improving Health And Wellbeing
- Pathophysiology, investigations and immediate management in advanced practice
- Managing Long Term Conditions
- Clinical Practice Elective
- Advanced Concepts of Improving Health and Wellbeing
- Clinical History Taking and Examination Skills for Advanced Practice
- Pathophysiology, Investigations and Immediate Management in Advanced Practice
- Safeguarding: Protecting Children, Vulnerable Individuals and Groups
- Workforce Planning and Development
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing View 225 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The minimum entry requirement for this programme will normally be an honours degree or its equivalent. In addition, because of the work based nature of the programme, all students must be working in clinical practice or sponsored by a Health Board and have access to a practice teacher/ practice facilitator.
International12480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12480 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA6900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6900 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
- £2,590 for year 1,2
- £1,720 for year 3
- £4,680 for year 1,2
- £3,120 for year 3
- Robert Gordon University offers Merit scholarships to international postgraduate students on a wide range of courses.
- The Sport Scholarship supports sporting excellence in students.
Carnegie-Cameron Taught Postgraduate Bursaries
- Carnegie-Cameron Bursaries are available to students on taught postgraduate courses
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.