The Media Management course at the University of Westminster will enable you to identify and analyse strategic and operational problems and opportunities, understand, quantify and access national and international media markets, and use foresight and planning techniques to understand and respond to change. As well as being able to manage complex media projects, you will also have the skills to engage in strategic direction setting, deploy business-planning skills, and excel in leadership and implementation.
The course is delivered by academic staff with lengthy experience of advising and managing media organisations. Teaching methods are based around practical problems and include in-class exercises and individuals and group projects and assessment. Assignments will enable you to develop and apply your skills in creative project development and business planning.
- Graduates of the course are working in mid-level and senior positions in analysis and consultancy, business development, content distribution, and creative team leadership. They occupy managerial roles within media organisations, project management, regulation and policy, and strategy analysis.
- Graduates from the Media Management MA have found roles in a wide variety of media organisations including: CCTV, Hunan Television, State Administration of Radio Film and Television (China), the BBC, eBay, BskyB, DigitasLBI, Screen Digest (UK) Deutsche Telekom (Germany) NTV (Russia) MBC (South Korea) NDTV, Hindustan Times (India) Welhoo (Finland) and Globo TV (Brazil).
- Success in their Masters has allowed many to move into more senior roles within the businesses they have been working in, to transfer to new sectors of the media, or set up their own businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Media: Development and Production
- Media Management: Theoretical Foundations and Application
- Media Markets
- Media Innovation and Entrepreneurialism
- Professional Project or Dissertation
- Developing Effective Leadership Within Media Organisations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesManagement Studies Media Management View 94 other Masters in Media Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or a lower second class honours degree (2:2) and substantial relevant work experience in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants will be expected to have at least a year's experience of working in an editorial, creative or business function within media or content industries. Applicants may be required to submit a short written assignment. Applicants may also be asked to take part in the Skype interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK PT tuition fee: £1,100 (Price per 20-credit module)
- International PT tuition fee: £1,900 (Price per 20-credit module)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.