The Media Management course at the University of Westminster will enable you to identify and analyse strategic and operational problems and opportunities, understand, quantify and access national and international media markets, and use foresight and planning techniques to understand and respond to change. As well as being able to manage complex media projects, you will also have the skills to engage in strategic direction setting, deploy business-planning skills, and excel in leadership and implementation.
The course is delivered by academic staff with lengthy experience of advising and managing media organisations. Teaching methods are based around practical problems and include in-class exercises and individuals and group projects and assessment. Assignments will enable you to develop and apply your skills in creative project development and business planning.
Graduates of the course are working in mid-level and senior positions in analysis and consultancy, business development, content distribution, and creative team leadership. They occupy managerial roles within media organisations, project management, regulation and policy, and strategy analysis.
Graduates from the Media Management MA have found roles in a wide variety of media organisations including: CCTV, Hunan Television, State Administration of Radio Film and Television (China), the BBC, eBay, BskyB, DigitasLBI, Screen Digest (UK) Deutsche Telekom (Germany) NTV (Russia) MBC (South Korea) NDTV, Hindustan Times (India) Welhoo (Finland) and Globo TV (Brazil).
Success in their Masters has allowed many to move into more senior roles within the businesses they have been working in, to transfer to new sectors of the media, or set up their own businesses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Digital Media: Development and Production
- Media Management: Theoretical Foundations and Application
- Media Markets
- Media Innovation and Entrepreneurialism
- Professional Project or Dissertation
- Developing Effective Leadership Within Media Organisations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMedia Management View 43 other Masters in Media Management in United Kingdom
- A minimum of an upper second class honours degree (2:1) or a lower second class honours degree (2:2) and substantial relevant work experience in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants will be expected to have at least a year's experience of working in an editorial, creative or business function within media or content industries. Applicants may be required to submit a short written assignment. Applicants may also be asked to take part in the Skype interview.
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.