- Through this flexible 16 unit master’s degree you have the option to select GIS courses, including web-based geographic information systems, land studies and photogrammetry, as well as courses from related disciplines such as sustainable development, information systems and technology management.
- Develop research methodology skills to complete a research project. Previous student projects have included mapping remnant vegetation in Western Downs, Queensland using high resolution ALOS satellite data.
- The research project and dissertation is a stepping stone to further research degrees such as a PhD.
- As a Geographic Information Systems postgraduate degree from the University of Southern Queensland graduate, you could work in GIS, spatial information analysis, planning, mapping and spatial data management.
- Asset Management in an Engineering Environment
- GIS Programming and Visualisation
- Geographic Information Systems
- Spatial Analysis and Modelling
- Remote Sensing and Image Processing
- Applications of GIS and Remote Sensing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) General Engineering & Technology View 22 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Southern Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Australian university three or four-year Bachelor degree in an approved discipline, or equivalent.
International35200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National28400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28400 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Commonwealth supported: AUD 8021
- International Online: AUD 35200
Living costs for Toowoomba
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.