The Classical Archaeology and the Ancient History of Macedonia programme of the International Hellenic University is a 14-month full-time programme of study comprised of three parts over three semesters. It is taught mainly on weekdays over three-hour teaching periods. The first two semesters cover the core and elective courses of the programme. Each teaching term has 13 teaching weeks followed by a 10-day exam period. The third period is taken up with work on the Master's dissertation.
The programme is also available in part-time mode.
Ideal career path
The MA programme offers a critical and multifarious study of ancient Macedonia, from institutions, languages and cults to art and the important archaeological sites. The obtained skills that the graduates develope allow them to work in Educational Institutions and Academies concentrating on ancient Macedonia or Greece, Archaeological Departments, Research Institutes, Museums, etc.
- The historical sources (written sources, inscriptions, coins)
- Ancient History (Archaic and Classical periods)
- Institutions of the Macedonian Kingdom
- Languages and dialects in Macedonia
- Ancient Art (monumental art)
- The East before and after Alexander the Great
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at International Hellenic University and/or in Greece, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good university degree (original transcripts) from a recognised University
- Proof of English competence (Proficiency, recently acquired IELTS or TOEFL)
- Two academic references
- A personal interview may be required
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- A copy of your CV
International2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year during 14 months.
EU/EEA2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year during 14 months.
Living costs for Thessaloníki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.