This Theology and Religious Studies degree from the University of Nottingham introduces you to the research skills necessary for doctoral study in the field of theology and is the perfect stepping stone to a PhD.
The University of Nottingham is consistently named as one of the most targeted universities by Britain’s leading graduate employers and can offer you a head-start when it comes to your career.
The Careers and Employability Service offers a range of services including advice sessions, employer events, recruitment fairs and skills workshops – and once you have graduated, you will have access to the service for life.
Research students in the department are currently working in the following areas:
- Old Testament/Hebrew Bible
- New Testament Theology
- Philosophical Theology
- Philosophy of Religion
- Systematic Theology
- Historical Theology
- Theology and Science
- Theology and Literature
- Jewish Studies
- Islamic Studies
More informationVisit official programme website
- The department's lively research culture includes regular research seminars, which offer the chance to hear visiting scholars from elsewhere in the UK and from overseas as well as opportunities for staff and postgraduates to present research in progress in a friendly and constructive environment.
- These occasions also allow you to broaden your knowledge of the subject and gain a better sense of how research develops as part of an interactive process.
- You will have access to an extensive range of modules provided by The Graduate School, including 'The Tradition of Critique' and general modules such as 'Getting Going on Your Thesis', and beginners language courses.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 136 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
- 2:1 or above (or its international equivalent) in theology and/or religious studies or closely related subject.
- You should submit a proposal of your intended research to the staff member you have identified as a potential supervisor.
International18420 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18420 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4414 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4414 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.